“Death Note” is a black notebook with instructions (known as “Rules of the Death Note”) written on the inside. When used correctly, it allows anyone to commit a murder, knowing only the victim’s name and face.
- The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
- This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
- If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen.
- If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
- After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.